Would you do your job for no pay? Do you experience a sense of flow or peace while working? At the completion of work do you feel energized? If your answer to these questions is no, you may be among the millions of people who haven’t found their right livelihood. Consider what you need to contribute to the world in order to be fulfilled. While you may be experiencing the outward signs of success, do you still feel something is missing? What would it be like to connect with the unique expression of your spirit? If you’re looking for deep fulfillment and an overall sense of inner peace, you must have the courage to live in accordance with your life’s purpose.
Answer the following questions to begin exploring a career that matches your unique talents and gifts. Since most of us no longer fit neatly into job descriptions, many of us are left with a feeling of dissatisfaction at the completion of our work. This spurs many of us to explore self-employment as a way to express our gifts. This is just one option among many to develop the right situation for the full expression of your spirit.
My hope is that these questions will help you gain insight into what direction you career should take next and leave you exploring ways to move closer to authentic work for yourself.
- What challenges and motivates me?
- What inspires me?
- What does the ‘perfect’ workday look like to me?
- Think of a time when life was very inspiring for you. What caused you to feel fulfilled at that time?
- What characteristics would a fulfilling job have for me?
- It’s the end of your life; look back over the years, what must you have accomplished to feel a sense of completion?
- What is your Life’s Purpose? Are you mostly “on” Purpose or “off” Purpose?
- What areas of your life are out of balance right now?
- What effect is this having on the rest of your life?
- If you thought about working at something that you love, what changes would you make immediately?
- What long-term changes would you like to plan?
- How can the principle of life balance assist you in creating a successful career path?
- What talents do I have, either developed or underdeveloped?
- When I daydream about work, what do I see myself doing?
- If I had unlimited time and resources, what would I choose to do?
- When I look at my work life, which activities do I consider of greatest worth?
- What do I consider to be my most important future contribution to the world?
- Are there things I feel I really should do even though I might have dismissed such thoughts many times before for various reasons? What are they?
- What legacy do I want to leave?
- Where in my life am I selling out on myself?
Feel free to email me your answers and we can set up a complimentary session to dive deeper into your ideal career: email@example.com