Instead of waiting around for a new job. Consider these ideas to bring more income into your life. They may lead to new ways of self-expression.
- Sell your stuff or other peoples’ stuff- Ebay, Craig’s List, garage sales
- Start a small or micro business – use your talents, grow & sell produce, clean houses, consult
- House/Dog or Cat/Child sitting – for the nurturing folks
- Tutoring/teaching – ESL, piano lessons, reading, math
- Handyman – help others fix their homes or do some woodworking
- Baking cakes, cookies, pies – sell to busy friends
- Rent a room in your home – to a trustworthy person
- Sewing/art/design – use your creativity for others
- Moving jobs – help people get their stuff packed & transported
- Recycling cans/boxes – some places pay money & you’ll be helping the enviornment
What are your creative ideas to bring in more income? Please share and let’s make it through this time together.
Trading goods and services can be a great way to get things you need, without having to actually pay money for it. Santa Fe has a time bank, which is a more organized version of this sort of thing. One hour of work equals one time dollar, which you can then use to buy someone else’s time. I think it’s a great concept! Also, Freecycle (www.freecycle.org) is an excellent way to give and get things for free, while keeping stuff out of landfills. So, neither of these actually involve bringing in cash income, but they can bring in the items and services that you would used your cash to otherwise purchase. 🙂 Interesting list, Mary Beth – like it!
Jennifer thank you so much for your ideas. Those are great. It’s amazing how create we can all be when needed.